Social Links

Pleasure Craft Insurance – Boats Are A Valuable Asset, Protect Yours

Pleasure craft insurance is something you definitely need to invest in if you own a boat. After all, boasts are valuable assets, and there is simply no way to plan for an unforeseen event or to understand how severe the damage can be, until it has happened and it is too late. This is why you need to have insurance in place from the very start.

There are generally four different types of pleasure craft insurance options, which are as follows: inland waterways, small craft, motorboats and vessels, and luxury yachts. Inland waterways insurance covers rivercraft and canals, including yachts, cruisers and narrow boats on all kinds of inland waterways. Small craft policies from insurance companies are designed for boats that are up to 7m in length. Motorboats and vessels insurance covers all types of RIBs, racing boats, cruisers, powerboats and yachts. Finally, there is also luxury yacht insurance, which is for high value boats. It is important to ensure you choose the right type of policy for your boat. Generally, the most insured events, when it comes to pleasure craft insurance, are salvage, i.e. if your boat has needed to be retrieved, recovered, or rescued in any way. Additionally, injury, liability following collision, and damage or loss to the vessel up to the value insured are also covered. It is important to take the time to compare different policies against one and other when looking for the best one for you.

No matter whether you are interested in pleasure craft insurance, or you are looking for any other type of general insurance, Insure4me can assist. This is because we offer a FREE and comprehensive comparison service, making it easy for you to find the best deal. To get started, head to Or, if you have any queries, please do not hesitate to send them to